CITRUS BIOFLAVONOIDS: NATURAL ANTIOXIDANT AND ANTI-INFLAMMATORY
NATURAL ANTIOXIDANT AND ANTI-INFLAMMATORY
Bordas is an important and well-recognised company of vast reference in many international markets as food, flavours, fragrances, nutraceuticals, pharmaceutical and animal feed ones.
We manufacture flavonoids and we have developed our own line of citrus derivatives production (candied, cells, comminute, concentrates, dehydrates, fresh fruit, juices, peels, pulps, purees and slices), both organic and conventional:
- Bitter orange from Seville
- Sweet orange
- Blood orange
Citrus fruits are well known for providing large amounts of vitamin C, but they are a great source of natural bioflavonoids too.
Bioflavonoids is a term used to describe biologically active molecules, named flavonoids, found in different compounds derived from plants, which improve health.
Each citrus contains different types of flavonoids, found in different amounts and concentrations. The citrus fruits listed before contain high concentrations of the following bioflavonoids:
PROPERTIES AND BENEFITS
Bordas has a wide experience in the field of extraction and production of different active and functional ingredients.
Although all flavonoids are structurally related with others, they have different functionalities.
As each flavonoids offers separately different proven beneficial effects to human and animal health, in Bordas company we create and develop infinitives and excellent natural formulations mixing different types of flavonoids. These mixes are commonly named Citrus Bioflavonoids Complex (CBC).
Our tailor-made Citrus Bioflavonoids Complex (CBC), which become an added value for different industries, are designed and created carefully to satisfy every requirement of our clients and to provide the desired health function.
Citrus Bioflavonoids have pharmacological and biochemical effects and are potentially useful for therapeutic purposes.
Most of the human and animal health benefits attributed to Citrus Bioflavonoids are generally related to their antioxidant and anti-inflammatory activities, recognized for many years and demonstrated in numerous studies.
Our Citrus Bioflavonoids are widely used to prevent and treat blood vessels and lymphatic system diseases.
The benefits of the antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties of the Citrus Bioflavonoids result in the following activities:
- Antioxidant: Thanks to its antioxidant property, Citrus Bioflavonoids help to fight against free radicals, decreasing and preventing oxidative stress.
- Synergistic power: Citrus Bioflavonoids and vitamin C are usually extracted from the same citrus fruits. They both have, separately, antioxidant power. This power increases significantly when they act together.
- Potential anti-allergens: Allergic diseases are often associated with an excess of oxidative stress in the body. Citrus Bioflavonoids help to eliminate these free radicals and to stabilize the reactive oxygen species.
- Capillary resistance: Studies have shown that certain Citrus Bioflavonoids can increase capillary resistance and strengthen the walls of blood capillaries. This activity may be related to its ability to protect collagen.
- Healthy Circulation: Citrus Bioflavonoids can also provide general benefits for the health of the circulatory system, preventing and even treating different vascular diseases, and so improving blood circulation.
- Boost the immune system: Several studies have shown that Citrus Bioflavonoids also help to maintain and improve the state and functions of the immune system, increasing the ability to provide a correct and rapid immune response.
- Cholesterol and obesity: Citrus Bioflavonoids have the ability to regulate blood cholesterol levels, producing beneficial effects on obesity.
- Antimicrobial and antifungal: There are many studies which have demonstrated the antimicrobial and antifungal effect of Citrus Bioflavonoids.
Nowadays, Bordas is carrying out different studies about several activities of different composition of Citrus Bioflavonoids, specifically on their antimicrobial and antifungal properties, as well as for their use in skin care products.
INTEREST TO INDUSTRY
The versatility of the Bioflavonoids Citrus makes them an ideal complement for different applications such as food, beverages, dietary supplements, personal care products and solutions for animal feed.
The application and functions of each Citrus Bioflavonoids Complex will always depend on the individual functions of each flavonoid, and the synergies created when forming the complex.
Depending on the sector and the beneficial action sought, Citrus Bioflavonoids Complex can be used for the following purposes and applications:
- Flavouring: Citrus Bioflavonoids Complex can provide desired bitter taste notes to the final product.
- Natural preservatives: Thanks to their antimicrobial, antifungal and antioxidant properties, Citrus Bioflavonoids Complex can be used as natural preservatives in the food industry.
- Food and dietary supplements: Increasingly, consumers are looking for food products that not only feed them, but also that provide some extra health benefit. Thanks to its different benefits in vascular health, immune system, and cholesterol control, Citrus Bioflavonoids Complex has become a great and interesting ingredient for food and other industries.
- Flavouring: Citrus Bioflavonoids Complex provide bitter taste notes to the final formulation.
- Natural preservatives: Citrus Bioflavonoids Complex can be used as natural preservatives thanks to its antimicrobial, antifungal and antioxidant properties.
- Food and dietary supplements: Thanks to its different benefits in vascular health, immune system, cholesterol control, etc., Citrus Bioflavonoids Complex can be a great interest in the pharmaceutical industry.
ANIMAL FEED AND WELFARE:
- Flavouring: Citrus Bioflavonoids Complex can provide notes of bitter taste to different formulations directed to animal feed and welfare sectors.
- Natural preservatives: Citrus Bioflavonoids Complex are used as natural preservatives in different products thanks to its antimicrobial, antifungal and antioxidant properties.
- Food and dietary supplements: Thanks to their different nutraceutical and health benefits, Citrus Bioflavonoids Complex can be of strong interest for the food, health and welfare animal industries. They could also be added in different formulations and products with the aim of preventing some common diseases.
PERSONAL CARE INDUSTRIES
- Oral care: Citrus Bioflavonoids Complex can be used as natural preservatives with antimicrobial properties in different oral care products.
- Cosmetics: Citrus Bioflavonoids have antioxidant, anti-inflammatory and UV protection properties, which make them very interesting for cosmetic and skin care industries.
INNOVATION STARTS HERE
Nowadays, Bordas is working, investing and doing several researches and tests with the aim of expanding the range of application of citrus bioflavonoids. Our final interest is to provide more adaptive solutions to our customers’ needs.
In addition, Bordas is carrying out some research studies to optimize the citrus flavonoids production processes and to improve the performance and stability of the products.
LIVE THE BORDAS’ EXPERIENCE
For further information, please feel free to contact our sales departments. We will be pleased to assist you.
INCREASE YOUR SALES
Share the post: